Welcome !

Search Community

Intel Teach Pilot Community

Welcome!

Moderator: Victoria B. Costa

Welcome!

Postby Aimee J. Hall » October 18th, 2013, 4:48 pm

Welcome to the IntelTeach Pilot Community!
Aimee J. Hall
American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education

Re: Welcome!

Postby Dr. Cynthia Gautreau » October 21st, 2013, 1:40 pm

Hello! My name is Cynthia Gautreau. I am an associate professor at CSU Fullerton. I teach in the College of Education for Department of Elementary and Bilingual Ed. My research areas are technology integration, online education, and mathematics. For the past several years I am the founder and volunteer coordinator for a community math education center housed at a local elementary school. My pre-service credential candidates provide supplemental instruction in mathematics to students who are struggling academically.

I look forward to learning more about you!
Cynthia
Dr. Cynthia Gautreau
California State University Fullerton

Postby Tommye Thomas » October 22nd, 2013, 5:51 pm

Hello! My name is Tommye Thomas, and I am the Associate Dean for Accreditation and Assessment at Brenau University, located in Gainesville, Georgia. Brenau is located about 45 miles north of metro Atlanta and began as a women's college 135 years ago. We still have women's college day programs, but also evening and online undergraduate and graduate programs. I have served as a member of the AACTE Innovation and Technology Committee for the past 3 years. Currently I am a member of the Georgia Educational Technology Consortium Board of Directors. The Consortium sponsors the annual Technology Conference where we have about 3000 attendees mostly from the state of Georgia. I teach literacy courses as well as technology courses to graduate and undergraduate students. :D
Tommye Thomas
Brenau University

Postby Dr. Cynthia Gautreau » November 12th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Hi Tommye, Nice to see you on the boards. Sounds like you have high attendance at your conferences. Do you find that there is a shift in the use of technology among attendees at the conference?
Cynthai
Dr. Cynthia Gautreau

Postby Tommye Thomas » November 19th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Yes, after attending the GAETC conference, attendees are excited and inspired to try new technology and strategies learned at the conference. This year we had 3600 attendees and many sessions were full.
Tommye Thomas
Brenau University

Postby Dr. Cynthia Gautreau » November 19th, 2013, 1:25 pm

Hi Tommye,
That's encouraging, I have noticed that attendance at conference is low. Many of the conferences that I attended in the past were cancelled or combined with other area conferences due to poor attendance.
Glad to hear that your went well.
Cynthia
Dr. Cynthia Gautreau

Return to Intel Teach Pilot Community

• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 100 on November 28th, 2012, 5:25 am