Congratulations to the newest members of AACTE’s Board of Directors, whose 3-year term of service begins March 1 under Chair-Elect Fayneese Miller (University of Vermont).
In an online election that ran November 12 through December 3, AACTE Institutional Representatives chose the following Board members:
- William Covino (California State University–Fresno), representing presidents and provosts.
- Ira Lit (Stanford University, CA), Renée Middleton (Ohio University), and Carol Vukelich (University of Delaware), to fill the three vacant at-large seats.
- Candice McQueen (Lipscomb University, TN), representing the Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education.
- Lemuel Watson (University of South Carolina), representing the Council of Academic Deans from Research Education Institutions.
- Delia Garcia (Florida International University), representing the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities.
- Traki Taylor-Webb (Bowie State University, MD), representing the National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education.
- John Jacobson (Ball State University, IN), representing the Teacher Education Council of State Colleges and Universities.
Additional new Board members will be named later this month after AACTE’s Advisory Council of State Representatives, which is composed of leaders of the Association’s state chapters, completes an election for its executive committee.
To view AACTE's current Board of Directors under Chair Rick Ginsberg (University of Kansas), click here.