Welcome !

Search Community

PEDS Data Entry

Tokyo Olympics: Sydney McLaughlin smashes record

Tokyo Olympics: Sydney McLaughlin smashes record

Postby Mini Xi, IV » August 5th, 2021, 12:27 am

Tokyo Olympics: Sydney McLaughlin smashes record, Kokona Hiraki, 12, wins silver

The USA's Sydney McLaughlin smashed her own world record with a thrilling run as she took Olympic gold in the women's 400m hurdles at the Tokyo Games.

McLaughlin, 21, stormed to victory in a time of 51.46 seconds - beating her previous best of 51.90 - to pip fellow American Dalilah Muhammad.

"I can't really get it straight in my head yet. I'm sure I'll process it and celebrate later," said McLaughlin.

Meanwhile, Japan's Kokona Hiraki, 12, won a silver medal in skateboarding.

Hiraki, the youngest Olympic medallist since French rowing cox Noel Vandernotte in 1936, finished behind 19-year-old Sakura Yosozumi as Japan finished first and second in the women's park skateboarding final. pg slot

Canada's Andre de Grasse, whose career stalled because of injury after winning three medals at Rio, won 200m gold in a time of 19:62.

It was his second medal of the Tokyo Olympics after winning bronze in the 100m.

Brazil's Ana Marcela Cunha, who coloured her hair in her country's colours, won gold in the women's 10km marathon swimming race, while Matthew Belcher and Will Ryan of Australia took gold in the men's 470 sailing class.

The Netherlands will play in the women's Olympic hockey final for a fifth straight time after a convincing 5-1 win over defending champions Great Britain. They will face Argentina, who beat India 2-1.

McLaughlin wins thrilling final
Nicknamed 'Syd the Kid', McLaughlin fell ill on the flight to her maiden Olympics in Rio and failed to make the final five years ago.

On Wednesday, she triumphed in one of the most the most highly anticipated races of the athletics programme in Tokyo against 2016 Olympic champion Muhammad.

Before the final, McLaughlin said of her rivalry with Muhammad: "Iron sharpens iron. People can call it whatever they want to call it; it's two great athletes pushing each other to be better.

"There's no animosity or hard feelings. It's just two people trying to be their best. Dalilah is a great competitor."

McLaughlin trailed Muhammad coming off the last hurdle but carried the momentum into the sprint to the line to cross first.
Mini Xi, IV
NO COMPANY/INSTITUTION

Re: Tokyo Olympics: Sydney McLaughlin smashes record

Postby Vicki Stokes » August 6th, 2021, 8:43 am

Mmm.. estimable to be here in your report or notify, whatever, I repute I should moreover process strong for my have website want I play some salubrious further updated busy in your location. Internet Marketing Experts
Vicki Stokes
NO COMPANY/INSTITUTION

Postby Vicki Stokes » August 6th, 2021, 8:44 am

Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have. Things to do in Long Island
Vicki Stokes
NO COMPANY/INSTITUTION

Postby Vicki Stokes » August 7th, 2021, 2:30 pm

It is rather very good, nevertheless glance at the data with this handle. selling merchant services
Vicki Stokes
NO COMPANY/INSTITUTION

Postby Vicki Stokes » August 10th, 2021, 1:08 pm

On this subject internet page, you'll see my best information, be sure to look over this level of detail. photo booth rental
Vicki Stokes
NO COMPANY/INSTITUTION

Postby Vicki Stokes » August 10th, 2021, 1:38 pm

Find the best essays on is my friend's profile page. ISO agent program
Vicki Stokes
NO COMPANY/INSTITUTION

Postby Vicki Stokes » August 10th, 2021, 1:43 pm

The most interesting text on this interesting topic that can be found on the net ... merchant services jobs
Vicki Stokes
NO COMPANY/INSTITUTION

Return to PEDS Data Entry

• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 583 on January 15th, 2020, 9:38 am