Welcome !

Search Community

PEDS Data Entry

Hemp, Marijuana and CBD

Hemp, Marijuana and CBD

Postby Jane Hern, Jr » January 6th, 2021, 3:01 pm

CBD oil is the second most prevalent active ingredient of cannabis, or marijuana. However, the CBD oil sold in stores is derived directly from the hemp plant, a cousin of the marijuana plant. Although there is not much hereditary difference between cannabis and hemp, the plants’ flowers and leaves contain different amounts of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the cannabinoid responsible for getting “high.” Though research has shown some traces of THC in certain CBD oils, most do not contain any THC.

An Answer to the Opioid Epidemic?
Due to its inhibitory effect, CBD oil may help manage triggers for cravings and anxiety in people who use heroin. “From a research perspective, there’s interesting data that needs to be confirmed,” says Dr. Ring.

Some research has found that men and women using CBD oil experienced reduced cravings in drug-abstinent individuals. In a short-term study, 42 patients taking CBD oil reported reduced cravings for up to one week after their dose of CBD.

Dr. Ring says the findings are significant, suggesting that CBD oil could be a powerful tool in helping individuals seeking help for addiction.

Bottom Line
There is still much to be understood about CBD oil, and Dr. Ring continues to seek additional answers. She recently conducted an initial study on CBD oil. “I think at this point, both professionals and patients don’t know what product to use or how often,” she explains. “I think having answers to those questions can help.”

Dr. Adams adds, “CBD is probably not that harmful, but we shouldn’t expect it to be a medicine. It’s being promoted for all kinds of purposes for which it’s never been studied.”

It’s important to talk to your medical provider before beginning to use CBD oil, because it can interact with other medications you may be taking. Dr. Ring also advises looking at labels carefully and buying quality products. The lack of regulation means anything online can be easily compromised, and quality can vary widely. She suggests that you “read the reviews to ensure it has been tested, the ingredients are verified and there aren’t any contaminants.”
Jane Hern, Jr
NO COMPANY/INSTITUTION

Re: Hemp, Marijuana and CBD

Postby Joel Jamesson » January 7th, 2021, 4:51 am

Thank you for explaining a couple of controversial points. I didn't fully understand how canabinol works. However, this does not prevent me from using CBD oil UK to solve health problems. I usually use this medication as a pain reliever. It is safer than many of the pills offered by doctors. You can try this for yourself too.
Joel Jamesson
NO COMPANY/INSTITUTION

Re: Hemp, Marijuana and CBD

Postby Alisa Dicson, III » January 14th, 2021, 6:01 am

I would like Blessed CBD Oil or Capsules because they have very high quality oils to use whenever you have a back or lower back pain. I often have headaches and this oil helps me get rid of them. I'm sure you'll love this oil too.
Alisa Dicson, III
NO COMPANY/INSTITUTION

Return to PEDS Data Entry

• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 583 on January 15th, 2020, 9:38 am