AACTE Online Community Guidelines
We want you to participate, and we encourage lively discussions. Feel free to post constructive comments that not only identify issues but propose solutions to problems.
The goal of the Community is to empower AACTE members to easily connect and discuss topics related to the field of education. We hope you enjoy visiting and will become an active participant and frequent contributor.
Forum Topic and Comment Guidelines
- Keep it clean, and keep it professional. Every post should make a positive contribution to the Community and be suitable for all users. The Community is open to all points of view on the intended topics. Mature, polite debate is encouraged. However, we will remove any post or reply that includes derogatory, abusive, offensive, obscene, violent, defamatory, harassing, intimidating, or otherwise inappropriate content, including images and video, of any kind. Always interact with other users respectfully, as you would in any professional setting.
- Stay on topic. Good contributions help the entire Community by providing relevant, insightful information, or asking important questions. If your post contains anything unrelated to the topic of the forum, it may be removed.
- Be honest, and be yourself. The Community is intended to be used for the helpful exchange of information between members. False, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information is not helpful. Please be sincere in your Community participation by contributing only content you know is accurate. Do not misrepresent your identity or your professional qualifications. Do not post anonymously or using a pseudonym.
- Keep marketing efforts separate to minimize clutter. A post or replay with a personal agenda does not benefit the Community and adds distracting clutter to the forums. Please respect the Community's mission by not using it as a marketing channel or submitting content you've been paid or otherwise rewarded by a third party to write.
- Submit only your own, original content. Help us maintain the Community's reputation and observe the intellectual property rights of others by submitting only content you have personally written or that is properly attributed. The Community should not be used to distribute unauthorized copies of any copyrighted material.
- Respect the privacy of others. It's up to you, and only you, to decide whether or not to share personal information about yourself. Any posts or replies that include another user's contact information will be removed immediately.
- Remember your readers. Writing in ALL CAPS or using HTML tags can make your contribution difficult to read. Excessive use of symbols, special characters, and instant/text messaging slang can be equally hard to read and confusing to users unfamiliar with them. Try to follow standard e-mail etiquette.